Thursday, December 10, 2009

THURSDAY!

Where has this week gone? I feel like I have missed the entire week somewhere. Nothing has been accomplished that I wanted to get done and Christmas is only 2 weeks away. I need more hours in the day. If anyone has any extra please share them with me!

There is definitely a chill in the air and snow in the forecast so it's beginning to feel like December in Northern Ohio and CHRISTMAS! My little Miss V is so excited she can hardly control her enthusiasm. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ok, ok I know you all are waiting for me to post about the challenge over at Charisma Cardz this week. We have had so much fun visiting your blogs these past weeks. Your creations have really rocked.

Thanks to all of you who could switch gears in the middle of the thros of Christmas and create some stunning cards on "Dreaming of Summer".

Now on to this weeks challenge which as been set by the lovely Carly.
She has chosen the theme:
RED, WHITE, (SILVER) & GREEN (Sorry I didn't know how to highlight the white to make the show up white). #49

Our sponser this week is The Cutting Cafe


Now onto my creations:


I have made 2 cards this week. The cupcake invitation is from The Cutting Cafe. I flocked the frosting with white flocking from Sparkle and Sprinkle and added red pearls to give it some confetti. I created the cupcake liner by just drawing lines with the wide end of my copic marker. Loved how it looked when I was finished. Added a bow and little charm. Perfect invitation for a child's birtday party.



The next card is made all from scraps. The image is so old the name has worn off. I colored it with copics. Criss-crossed ribbon in the background. Added pearls, popped up my image and so far it is one of my favorite cards. In Real Life it is very stunning.
Ok, now crafters it is time for you to WOW us with your creations. I can't wait to see what you make.

7 comments:

JanJay said...

these are gorgeous, love the simplicity of the card, it's really striking!

Jan x

Allison said...

these are just so striking
AllisonX

Riet said...

What beautiful Sally,i love your image and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cindy said...

Wow! All I can say is WOW! This is truly a stand-out in a crowd card!!!

Jessica G. said...

Sweet cupcake card; the flocking makes a great touchable frosting. Your poinsettia is gorgeous and the ribbon creates a wonderful background effect!

stampinfrog said...

Two beautiful cards Sally!
Hugs,Connie

Chrissy D said...

Red is my favorite color - so both of these beauties caught my eye!