Sunday, December 20, 2009

Singing Angel

I know that you are not supposed to be filled with pride, but I just couldn't help it this morning at church. Our granddaughter who just turned 5 the day before Thanksgiving sang a solo for the Christmas program . She didn't act one bit like she was scared as she stood in front of the congregation. When it was her turn for the solo she took the mic and belted out the words to Away In The Manger, like nobody's business. She did stumble over some of the words as she had to sing all 3 verses, however she did say "the cattle are loweing" rather than her first try at the song while we were practicing. She would say "the cattles are loading". LOL She has been singing with the rest of the tots since she was about a year and a half old, but this is the first time ever by herself. Everytime I think about how well she did I just want to cry with pride.
The photos are not very good because I didn't want to use a flash during services and I had to crop them a great deal to cut the other children out as I didn't have premission to post them on my blog. I wish I had a recording of her singing.












12 comments:

pinky said...

Ah she is so cute, wish you had a recording we could listen to.
Pinky

Bev said...

Oh I just wish I could have heard her singing her little heart out, bless her. No wonder you are so proud Sally

Anonymous said...

She is adorable.

Lia said...

Ofcourse you are very proud!!!!!
I hope i will become a grandmother some day to.

(I hope you will understand my englisch words LOL)

I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a very very good New Yaer

a portland granny said...

What a cute little girlie!! I know your heart was thrilled as she sang. So much to be thankful for this Christmas season.

Jessica G. said...

Adorable little singer; she looks like she's really enjoying herself!

Rita said...

Awe...she is so adorable & I'm sure she did a fantastic job singing & yes you should be Very Proud! So brag all you want Sally she deserves all your praise & attention! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you & your family.

Vee said...

Aw! she's adorable Sally. You have every right to be a proud Gran I'm sure she sang like an angel...Hope you have a lovely Christmas.
xx Vee

Iris said...

Sure you are proud! And she looks adorable Sally!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Iris

Sarpreet said...

Aw, she looks adorable, a really proud moment for you

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is very cute! Hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas. Kim

Lisa aka Allissa said...

What an Angel she is. They make you so proud eh. Thanks for sharing Sally.
Happy New year to you and yours. God Bless
Love
Lisa.xx