Friday, December 11, 2009

5 Challenges - 1 Card

Finally 5 minutes to myself to make a card for a couple challenges. I think this combo has to be my favorite for this year anyway. It is just a basic simple card using all cardstock and the cuttlebug for the embossing. Added white ribbon with silver dots used spellbinders for mats for the image and silver mirri paper. I can't remember who the poinsettia stamp is by. The sentiment is from making handmade cards. The poinsettia is embossed with white glitter embossing powder from sparkle n sprinkle . It is really sparkly but you can't tell it in the photo. Also sorry about the shadows, but lately I have been having to take pictures in the lightbox. They just don't work as well as sunshine.This card fits the challenges for:
Papertake Weekly Red or green not to be seen
My Time To Craft Christmas Foliage
Pink Elephant Favorite Christmas Color Combo
Stamptacular Sparkle, Bling
Creative Card Crew Gold or silver



I tried to take a close-up for the glitter to show, but it doesn't show well. IRL it is very sparkly

24 comments:

Emma said...

beautiful card, love the simplicity but also the stunning effect of the glittered effecthave a great weekend x

Liza said...

A stunning card Sally, it is so elegant. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

purplestamper316 said...

This is super elegant! Love it love it :) <><

Ann said...

What a fabulously elegant card.
Thanks for joining us at the Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Line said...

What a gorgous card! I just love this combination of white and silver! Beautiful embossed layers, and I have no doubts it's very sparkly IRL!! :)

So glad you could join us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sally.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lesley said...

Lovely card, very elegant! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

stampinfrog said...

Gorgeous card Sally! Love the white and silver combo and the poinsettia is so stunning!
Hugs,Connie

Chrissie said...

I'm having computer probs and sadly your card is not visible to me, but thanks for joining in the challenge at My Time to Craft anyway! I hope to get it sorted soon!
Chrissie

Georgia said...

This is very nice. Thanks for joining us at the SSC.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Lovely elegant card! Thanks for joining My Time To Craft this week!

Aud Kirsten said...

A very elagant card! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:)

Faye said...

Wow! If I was going to make this card, this is exactly what I would have done - do you know what I mean? I just love it, so clean and elegant. x

Lacey Stephens said...

What a beautiful card!!! So wonderful that it is a quick one, too! I am so behind on finishing my cards!
~Lacey

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous card Sally = and in 5 minutes! Wow way to go. ;)

Paula said...

Classy and elegant were the first two words that came to mind when I saw your card...beautiful work...love how it all came together! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Pleasantly,
Paula

Piali said...

Gorgeous!! Its my fave comdo.Love it.Thanks for joining SSC this week..hope to see again next week.
Hugs
Piali

Cindy said...

This is gorgeous! Love all the embossing and layers - so elegant!

jannekescreations said...

Pretty card.
Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Janneke X

Carolyn said...

Just love the embossed image. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Daniele said...

very classy elaegant card love it thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x

Daniele said...

very classy elaegant card love it thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x

Pat said...

Lovely card, very elegant. Thanks for joining in the Challenge at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is absolutely Gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at SSC:)