Tuesday, December 8, 2009

2 Challenges For Today

First of all I must appologize for the poor quality photos, but the weather didn't co-operate when I was taking pictures. My son would say, "mom it is what it is"!
Anyway the first card is for a challenge over at Heart's Delight this week. Cindy has asked to use scraps of paper to create a patchwork card. All papers used except the card it's self is scrap paper and the verse is from heart & soul rubber stamp company
This card also qualifies for the challenge at
Next our DT over at Charisma Cardz was given the challenge this month to create something out of a paper bag. I can honestly tell you this was a real challenge and one that I probably won't repeat as I have found out that I am not a paper bag person except to embellish one to put a gift in. Below is my feeble attempt at a paperbag album. It is made using scraps of paper. The flourish on the front is made by the cricut wild card. I cut it out of the miracle tape sheets that I posted about in a previous post, then glittered it. That turned out well, but the rest is plain yuk in my estimation. I now hold a higher regard for those of you who can paperbag craft.






10 comments:

Leanne said...

Sally, firstly your card is absolutely gorgeous!
As for your paperbag album, its really wonderful...I hope that you make some more in the future!
Hugs
Leanne
xx

JanJay said...

I think your album is fab as is your card (which qualifies for our challenge over at Sophisticats - a verse and flowers!)

Jan xx

stampinfrog said...

Sally your card and paper bag album are gorgeous!
Hugs,Connie

Riet said...

Wowwww Sally,what beautiful,i love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Avril Ann said...

Sally the verse on your 1st card, has given me a lump in my throat, if only we could all remember this.....Love it, thanks for playing along at Sophisticats this week, and good luck. Hugs Avril xxx

purplestamper316 said...

LOVE the card!!! The scraps are great :) and one of my favorite color combos. Cute bag too! Thanks for sharing <><

Bubbles said...

Fabulous card Sally, I just love using up scraps of paper in this way, it really looks effective! As for your paper bag albumn well at least you've had a go which is more than I can say for me lol!!! You have done a wonderful job and I think it looks lovely!
Joanne x

Lisa aka Allissa said...

This is so beautiful! Love it! very moving. Thank you for joining us over at Sophisticats this week.
Hope to see you again.
Hugs
Lisa.x
DT/Owner

Faye said...

I like your colours and layout, fab card. x

Karen said...

Gorjus work Sally. Thank you for joining in over at Sophisticats.

Love Karen x