Friday, November 27, 2009

THANKFUL!

I know yesterday was Thanksgiving and I should have posted then, but my heart was overflowing with Thanksgiving and I couldn't put into words what I wanted to say. God has been so wonderful to me and my family this year. I can't begin to tell you all the things He has done for us, but a couple that stands foremost in my mind is that HE let my mom recover from her stroke without suffering any bad side affects and HE provided a doctor who could finally diagnose the reason for all this excruciating pain that I was having. Yesterday, HE provided an answer to our prayer about my son and DIL's furnace. They had not had heat in their home except for a couple little heaters that hubby and I purchased for them since last Friday. The cost of a new motor was unblievely high and they could not afford one, much less afford having it put in. They were given a new motor and my DIL's brother, who is and HVAC journeyman put it in for them. Yesterday their home was all warm and toasty, thanks to the kindess of people who followed the leadership of God. I believe in prayer with all my heart. I know it works.

I am thankful for the freedoms we enjoy here in the USA and I am truly thankful for those on the battlefield fighting that we might continue to enjoy these freedoms.

Thank you to our service men and women.

I am also thankful for my family, friends and cyber friends. You all have gotten me through some tough times this year with your prayer and comments. I love you all.

Thanksgiving Blessings to all of you.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Beautifully said, Sally. I know it was from the heart. We truly are blessed by His goodness!

Chrissy D said...

Sally- this card is sooo beautiful and so is your message. I am so thankful for all the LORD has blessed me with. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.