Thursday, November 12, 2009

Merry & Bright With Lots of Glitz!

Good Morning!
It's Thursday and hard to believe that it is almost mid-month! Where is November going? So much to do and so little time. I did manage to get 3 Christmas gifts bought this past week. Whoo Hoo! I think for 2010 I am going to start in January and maybe I will be ready and have enough time to enjoy the holidays.

With it being Thursday, that means it is time for another challenge at Charisma Cardz! A great one this week.

Thank you all for joining in our challenge this past week using Leanne's fabulous sketch. Your creations were wonderful. Loved your take on her sketch.

On to this week's challenge which as been set by DT member Vee.
She has chosen the theme:
Merry & Bright!
How fun, now you can bring out all the Christmas glitz and glitter. Hurry on over to Charisma Cardz to get all the details. Our sponser this week is Your Next Stamp

For my first card I used a digi image from Your Next Stamp . I chose to use all glitter in this first card. I brought out my stickles out and went to town and I love how it looks. No designer paper and I used traditional Christmas colors. The red paper was sprayed with Glimmer Mists...Marshmallow. I love that stuff. You can't see the sheen in the photo, but it's fabulous! Used a Martha Stewart snowflake border punch and ribbon from my stash.


This next card was an image that I received in a swap so I don't know who made the image or where it came from. Sorry. It is colored with copics and then I put glossy accents over all of it to make it shinny. The designer papers were in my scrap box. The glittery mat paper is made using embossing powder from Sparkle n Sprinkle . I mixed several colors together. I covered the paper with versamark, then sprinkled on my embossing powder. After embossing it I covered that with versamark and then added clear Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and heat embossed that. Love how it turned out. Sparkle n Sprinkle has some wonder embossing powders and glitters. They really emboss well. I added ribbon from my stash, holly leaves from punch bunch punch. Sentiment is from Imaginisce which I embossed with red embossing powder. Pearls are from Mark Richardsusa , which can be found at Sally's Cards N Things

12 comments:

JanJay said...

Love your cards Sally, and that's another two Xmas ones done! LOL

Jan xx

Bev said...

Two beautiful cards my friend, love the traditional feel to them both. Hope you are okay, sorry I've not visited for ages xx

Rach said...

two fabulous cards, so festive. hugs rachxx

stampinfrog said...

Two gorgeous cards!
I agree with you there is not enough time for xmas shopping this year! I am going to be giving $ this year except to my grandkids. They will get presents to open!
Hugs,Connie

Allison said...

they are both fabby cards Sally
AllisonX

Shirley said...

Very beautiful Christmas cards. I love the glitter on the first and the second is just beautiful. I have that stamp and it really inspires me to use it again.

Liz's creative corner said...

Two beautiful cards, love how the candle is really bright xx

Hugs Liz xx

mueppi said...

Hi Sally
two wonderful christmas cards!!
I love them both!
Hugs Gisela

Liza said...

Two beautiful cards Sally, I love the gorgeous traditional colours.

Liza x

Cindy said...

Oh, Sally, the one with the candle just took my breath away! GORGEOUS!

Karen said...

The stockings look fabulous with all the glitter! I love it!
Hugs
Karen
xx

thread-bare said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally. Both are really striking & yet so different xx Clare x