Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Christmas Story For Miss V

Happy Thanksgiving
to everyone!
Wowzers! Hard to believe that in just a little over another month and we will be ringing in a new year. Where has the time gone?

Thank you all who took part in our challenge this past week. Your cards were stunning!

Since it's Thursday, that means we have a new challenge at Charisma Cards.
The theme this week has been set by "ME"!
I have chosen:
Anything Christmas!
Anything goes, card, ornament, book, altered project....you get the idea and as always HAVE FUN! If you haven't started your cards, this would be a great time to do so.

Hurry on over to Charisma Cardz to get all the details and see who our fabulous sponser will be this week!

Every year I try to make something special for my granddaughter whom I call Miss V.

Laminated Version Front

This year I chose to make a book out of story that I wrote for her using Tilda as her friend and to illustrate the book. I can't write worth anything, but Miss V doesn't care, she just loves the books and stories that have her name in them. LOL... There are a lot of pictures so just sit back and enjoy. All of the Tilda images are Magnolia, but not all the accessory images are Magnolia, the paper is Basic Grey and the story line is mine. Yep I claim credit for the bad writing. LOL. The first picture is the front of the book that I will mail to Miss V. It is not the original as I will keep that one . I have re-created the book and laminated it so it will stand up under abuse. I has been put together with red rings and ribbons from my stash. All the rest of the pictures are taken from the original so not to have the glare from the lamination.
A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU LOVELY CRAFTERS WHO SWAPPED IMAGES WITH ME SO I WOULD HAVE ENOUGH TILDA'S TO COMPLETE MY BOOK! You know who you are and I couldn't have done it without your help! Thanks so much.
Original Version Front













Back Cover


13 comments:

Allison said...

just fabulous Sally
AllisonX

thread-bare said...

Oh Wow Sally...Miss V is going to be dancing round the room when she gets her beautiful book. This is just awesome xx Clare x

stampinfrog said...

Sally your book for Miss V is absolutely fantastic! Loved the story of Miss V ans Miss Tilda!Fabulous coloring and papers!Miss V is going to love it!!!
Hugs,Connie

Bubbles said...

Sally your book is absolutely wonderful, what a very special present you have made for Victoria. She's a very lucky little girl to have to a thoughtful and clever grandmother!
Joanne x

JanJay said...

This is absolutely wonderful Sally, what a fabulous present for Miss V

Jan xx

Riet said...

Ohh what beautiful Sally,i love the images and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Margaret said...

Your book is fantastic Sally what a lovely thing to do
Margaret Scards

Cindy said...

Sally, this is the most precious thing I have ever seen! Miss V is going to love it, and treasure it forever!

a portland granny said...

I love the book!! I have oodles of books I did for the grandchildren when they were small. They still drag them out and read them.

This is a wonderful reading exercise for a child, especially when it is their own story!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is WONDERFUL! Love it!!! TFS!

Bev said...

Sally this is just AMAZING!!! Wow the love and work you have put into this is wonderful. Miss V will LOVE it!! xx

Irina said...

Sally, this is AWESOME!!!! Love your book and the story!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Cathy said...

Just checking out your blog, I haven't been able to check it out for awhile. This book you made is fabulous. I love how you put it together. And your coloring of the images is awesome. Wonderful job you did and Miss V is going to love it.