Monday, October 19, 2009

Penny Black

Sorry for the poor quality photo, but the weather here in Ohio is just not in the mood to co-operate with me. It had been awhile since I had done a Penny Black Challenge. I needed a thank you card so thought I would use what I had on hand. The image is by heart and soul. I used an old, old technique on it, which was glitter and glossy accents. Not sure that I like the outcome. The sentiment and the dragon flies are from Penny Black clear stamps - Salutations. I used versamark on the dragon flies and then used blush pearl-ex. The papers and ribbon are from my stash.

6 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Beautiful card Sally! Love the flower image and the color combo!
Hugs,Connie

Jessica G. said...

Such a fun technique; I don't think I've seen it before. It really gives the image a stained glass quality. Great red background really is stunning, too!

thread-bare said...

Sally I just love the effect you have created on this card xx Clare x

Nicola said...

This image is so pretty Sally and your layout is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

purplestamper316 said...

Well I really like what you did with the stained glass effect :) I think it's beautiful! <>< Sue

Cindy said...

Well, I like it, even if you aren't sure! I'll bet it looks even better IRL!