Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lorain Lighthouse - No Designer Papers

Good Thursday Morning Everyone!
I think Indian Summer is quickly coming to a close and ol man winter is close on its heels. Boo Hoo! I would love to have a few more weeks of the wonderful fall splender.

Grab a cup of coffee or tea and sit back and enjoy all the lovely creations by our design team this week at Charisma cardz . The creations are simply fabulous. I will tell you a little more about it in a few minutes.

Thanks to all of you who joined in our challenge last week for Delightful Daiseys! Superb creations. I enjoyed visiting your blogs.

This week the challenge at Charisma Cardz has been set by DT member Jan.
Her Theme is:
NO DESIGNER PAPER
so hurry on over to the blog and get all the details and see who the sponser is for this week!

Rather than make my own designer paper this week I have chosen to use very clean lines to showcase this image. This lighthouse is about 5 miles from where I live. I love this old lighthouse. Hubby and I enjoy walking the beach or the pier to just look at it. It is no longer in operation but they have kept in very good condition. It is probably the most photographed image in this area. I have cross stitched it and always wanted a stamp, but could never find one. About 2 weeks ago at Adventures in Stamping I finally found it and it fell into my shopping basket. LOL Enough of a history lesson. The shutters are not really that red, but try as I might I cannot get them to photograph in the dark burgundy color that I colored them.



Image: Rubber Cottage
Copic Markers
peel offs
embellishments: Stash

5 comments:

Allison said...

fab image
great card
AllisonX

Bev said...

Such a stunning card Sally - the image is amazing! Hope you're feeling better now x

Cindy said...

The way you colored the water is fabulous! It looks like water!

- - Sheryl - - said...

Beautiful! My sister loves lighthouses.

I have left you a Blog Award on my blog.

Enjoy!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous card! Who needs embellies with this beautiful image and embellishments??