Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's Too Distressing For Me!

Goodmorning everyone!
It's Thursday and it's cold here in Northern Ohio. They say we might have snow mixed with rain tomorrow and I really didn't want to hear that...Oh well it's Northern Ohio, what do I expect.

I would like to personally thank each of you who took part in the challenge I set for Charisma Cardz this past week. Your creations were fabulous and I wish that each of you could have won.

Now on to this week's Charisma Cardz' Challenge. It is set by DT member Karen. She has chosen
"DISTRESSING"
I don't think she realizes just how distressing it is for me to crumble and tear up paper, sooooo I was doubly distressed this week! LOL, however it is fun to step outside your comfort zone from time to time. I truly did have fun with this challenge. Please stop on over to Charisma Cardz to get all the details and see the lovely creations by our DT. They are stunning and while you are at it don't forget to visit their blogs. You won't be sorry that you took the time to do so.



The image I used is from sparklensprinkle. I just love this snowman. He's got an attitude. My designer paper is Basic Grey and the rest of my cardstock is from my odds and ends box. Colored the snowman and his sign with copic markers. Added white fleece (from sparklensprinkle) to his hat. Love the effect of the fleece. Added fleece and glitter to the top of the sign to create snow and icecicles. Ribbons are from my stash. Sentiment is from TPC Studio.
I distressed the green cardstock with a distressing tool from Tonic, crumbled the green cardstock, straightened it out, then sprayed it with a little water. Crumbled it again, spread it back out to let it dry. When it was dry I distressed it with white pigment ink, let it dry then added my image. I also distress the edges of the image with chalk.

4 comments:

JanJ said...

great card Sally, love the sparkly snowman! Hope you've got over your distress!

Jan xx

stampinfrog said...

So adorable Sally! Your distress looks fantastic and the coloring of the snowman is so cool!
Hugs,Connie

thread-bare said...

Awww another great snowman card Sally. Great to see a lovely amount of sparkle xx Clare x

Allison said...

aw that is sooo cute
AllisonX