Thursday, September 17, 2009

WOJ Challenge

This week WOJ has a challenge sketch that really had me scratching my head. I had a lot of trouble with all the papers, but finally decided this was as good as it was going to get. It really is much prettier in real life than the photo and I don't know why. I just love this image. Reminds me of a friend of mine who still makes homemade bread weekly. I didn't put any text on it as I wasn't sure what I wanted to use it for, but I just might send it to my friend to let her know that I have been thinking about her.


Recipe
Image: WOJ
Papers: Basic Gray & DCWV Harvest Journal Matts.
Flowers: Prima
Ribbon & Button from my stash
Copic Markers
Punch Bunch Leaf Punch.

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow, beautiful card. I love the papers you chose. The ribbon is gorgeous.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Sally, beautiful image and the purple is beautiful. Thanks for the link, and taking the time to email me. Will definitely have a go, your card was so inspiring.
Pinky

Rach said...

well done with all the layers, your card is gorgeous, the colours you have used are so pretty. what a lovely idea to give the card to your friend... hugs rachxx

Nicola said...

Wonderful take on the sketch Sally, your papers and image are so pretty.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

JanJ said...

This is lovely Sally, a difficult sketch with all those layers on it, but you've done it beautifully, it's not over busy & I love all the colours.

Jan xx

stampinfrog said...

Sally your card turned out so Gorgeous!Love the papers and the image is colored in so beautifully!
Hugs,Connie

Rita said...

Wowza!!! Sally your card is Gorgeous, I luv it! Luv your new blog look too!!!

Maria Matter said...

So, so pretty! love that ribbon too! great job!
blessings, Maria

thread-bare said...

Lovely colours Sally & I am so glad you persevered with it as it has come out fab xx Clare x