Thursday, September 17, 2009

Totally Inspired By God

Now you may not agree with me, but I believe that with all my being with this card. I started this card yesterday afternoon, when my blogging DT Buddy Vee, which can be seen here (she has a link to the instructions) sent me the instructions for this awesome layout. I got out my cardstock, cut out the card, got my Designer paper and started to work. I had something so different in mind for this card, but then we got the call that my SIL's mother passed away. After that I didn't feel like crafting so put it aside. This morning I got up still down because of the news. I walked in my computer room and there sat that card. Half finished. I sat down and the next thing I know the card was complete. As I looked at it I wondered how that happened. I never had a thought of making it into a sympathy card, but it turned out beautifully. I am sure it will be one that my SIL will cherish.

It was made using Desiger paper from Autumn Leaves Manhatten collection, Prima flowers, The Sympathy stamp is by Paper Inspirations. I masked off the verse that was beside the Sympathy. Stamped just that, then masked off sympathy and stamped the verse to be used on the back flap. The cross is embossed with metallic silver embossing powder by Judikins, The verse on top and bottom of the long inside part is Psalms 23, which I generated on the computer.

13 comments:

a portland granny said...

Beautiful card! Could you give us the directions? I love the verses on it, the papers are so delicate and lovely, and the flowers just perfect.

Kim Dellow said...

That is such a beautiful card, just perfect and so elegant. Kim

Vee said...

Wow! Sally you've made such a beautiful card, I think it was just meant to be!! Just perfect and I'm sure your SIL will really appreciate the work that has gone into making it.
xx Vee

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous card, but how can it not be with its source of inspiration? Wonderful combination of elements!!

Kjerstin said...

I totally agree with you!! God can make it happen!

Wonderful card!!!

Be blessed!

JanJ said...

A truly beautiful card Sally, I'm sure your SIL will appreciate it very much.

Take care

Jan x

pinky said...

This is really beautiful, and perfect for such a sad occasion. I'm sure your sis-in-law will really appreciate it. Would love the instructions for this type of card, is there a link anywhere?
Pinky

Donna said...

What an absolutely beautiful card! I'm so sorry to hear of your sad news but the love and care that has so obviously been put into this card is sure to be of some comfort to your sil. Donna x

stampinfrog said...

Sally this is a gorgeous Sympathy card! You have used beautiful papers and your SIL will cherish this card!
Hugs,Connie

Nicola said...

Stunning card Sally, I have meant to try one of these after seeing them on SCS. You sure had a guiding hand from above whilst creating and I so sorry to hear of your sil´s loss.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

purplestamper316 said...

What a beautiful way to bless your SIL and her family <><

Rita said...

Stunning & oh so Elegant!

thread-bare said...

Sally this card was obviously meant to be hun. So sorry to hear of your SIL's loss but I know she has you to comfort her xx Clare x