Thursday, October 1, 2009

Grandma's Pearls of Wisdom

Wowzers! It's Thursday. I don't have a clue where this week has gone, but it sure went somewhere. I didn't have Miss V this week and I still didn't get a thing accomplished to speak of. LOL Guess I can't blame it on her anymore for not getting my work done.

Anyway since it is Thursday you know that means it is A New Challenge Day at Charisma Cardz

Last week's entries were fabulous! I was so impressed looking at all your "sporty creations". Well done all of you!

Now on to this weeks' challenge which as been set by our own DT member Joanne. She has chosen "Decoupage" for week 29s theme. I can't wait to see your creations. I know they are going to be lovely. Be sure to stop on over at Charisma Cardz to get all the details.

I found a poem some time ago that had so much truth to it, that I wanted to pass it on to my granddaughter. (I don't know who wrote it) I wanted a picture of us together, but since I usually take all the photos I had to wait until someone took one of us together and I wanted it to be candid, not posed for.


I used papers from SU. Cut out the flowers and decoupaged them. Added tons of pearls since the poem was about pearls of wisdom inked the edges of the paper with rangers distress ink, linen and added some swirls cut by the Cricut Home Decor cartridge. I think this will be one of my favorite pages.







6 comments:

Rach said...

a gorgeous layout and what a fabulous photo of you and your beautiful granddaughter... the flowers you have made are gorgeous. hugs rachxx

Cindy said...

Sally, this is so precious, both the layout and the occasion. Love the BG paper....thought I recognized it. ;-) Granddaughters are a special gift form God, aren't they? Hugs, Cindy E.

a portland granny said...

What a simply stunning page to go with this poem. Lovely idea and so pretty.

I'm glad you received a diagnosis. Did you have the blood test for Lupus? If not, maybe you will find that you don't have that.

I have several friends with celeac and they feel like new people since they went on their glutten free diets. Lots of places selling gluten free stuff, so perhaps that will help with the new eating plan.

Trusting this will change your life in a better pain free direction.

Clare (Littlebear) said...

This is a beautiful scrapbook layout, gorgeous papers and a great layout.
Clare x

Janet said...

Very pretty! And what a nice picture of you & your granddaughter! Thank you for stopping by my blog - I always enjoy knowing who's dropped in!

thread-bare said...

Awww how lovely Sally. I am sure it will be one for Miss V to treasure xx
Clare x