Thursday, September 24, 2009

Game Face - Getting Sporty - Charisma Challenge 38

Happy Thursday Morning All!
Hope you all are having a wonderful day!
Thursday is challenge day at: Charisma Cardz

Big thanks to all who joined our "Flower Power" Challenge this past week. Your creations were awesome!

This week our challenge has been set by our DT member Vee!
She has chosen the theme:
"Getting Sporty"!
Now anyone that knows me knows those words alone gives me the shivers because I don't have a sporty fiber in my body, so this was a real challenge for me, however it was a fun one. When I am in doubt as to what to do, I usually revert back to my favorite subject Miss V and a scrapbooking page. I had just finished her soccer pages from this summer when I read the set challenge. I could go on forever about Miss V, but lets just say I didn't miss a game, rain or shine and it was a hoot, watching those 4-yr-olds play! They get so easily distracted. My Miss V came off the field during the game because she wanted to say hi to a baby in the sidelines. LOL. The coaches weren't too happy about it, but were very good natured.

The first page is very simple. I scored the background cardstock with my "scorepal" then sanded the score lines. Next I drew a soccer ball and put pictures in it cut into shapes. Note the picture of Miss V with her tongue between her teeth! Real concentration there. LOL Added a couple embellies and it was finished.


Next: Thumbs Up: Goalie This one I have to confess is a digital scrapbook page. However I did add the embellishments separately. Hope you enjoyed looking at these as much as I did making them.


Now that you have seen mine and how easy it is hurry on over to Charisma Cardz to get all the details. Can't wait to see what you create this week. Can you top last week's entires? LOL

5 comments:

Allison said...

cool sporty layouts
AllisonX

a portland granny said...

Those are wonderful layouts. I'm thinking about entereing maybe--if I can find a good sporty do!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

This is really one gorgeous layout!! I love all the photos you've captured of this sport!! So fun!! Thanks for the challenge! !HUGS

thread-bare said...

Wow Sally this is brilliant. The kids seem to have so much more available to them out there than they do here xx Clare x

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!