Friday, September 18, 2009

Did You Ever Have One Of Those Days You Needed To Vent?

I got up this morning feeling pretty good about myself and life in general, knowing that God was still in control and you guessed it, from there my faith has certainly been tested, not to mention that my blood pressure must be skyhigh from the feel of the headache I have acquired. It was such a simple thing. As most of you in blogland know, I have been sick most of the summer with this excruciating pain that comes and never leaves but does become tolerable. Anyway I am a patient at the world renoun "Cleveland Clinic", says she tongue and cheek. My doctor has been out of the office for a few months and I have been sent from doctor to doctor with nothing defenitive about my situation. I had called the clinic and tried to set up an appt for when my doctor was due back, but they were not sure so they weren't making appts. Anyway I called again this morning as I need some medication refills and thought the best way to get those would be to make an appt. My doctor is back but the earliest appt is mid-November for an established patient. I didn't bother to ask if they had a new patient visit. That must be July 2010. Now one of the medications I am on, has severe withdrawl symptoms. I went through that once, not pleasant so I really don't want to go through it again. Anyway they said they could send me to see another doctor in another city. I thought not again! So as graciously as I could I declined. Then I was made to feel like an absolute idiot for not accepting the appt. They don't seem to get it! Those doctor's don't like to refill another doctor's prescriptions. arrrgh! So after getting off the phone I sat here and calmed down all the while asking God to help me get through this, just one more time. I got the phone book down, called another clinic facility, (not Cleveland Clinic) and literally interviewed them. I asked tons of questions and finally decided to make an appt with a PCP there. I have an appt next Friday, but could have had one today, but I needed to call my insurance to see if they are participating in my program. Thankfully they are. I was very thankful that it all went so smoothly. Then my cell phone rings.... It was Cleveland Clinic. It was my doctor's scheduler. She was instructed by my doctor to call and schedule an appt for Monday. I told her thank you, but no I had already made preparations to change PCP's to another facility completely. She really got upset. I told her to tell my doctor at CC and to make it abundantly clear, it is not my doctor there, it is the policies of CC that I am tired of. If my doctor were at anyother facility. I would follow her up to 3 cities away. I want to make sure that my doctor understands it has nothing to do with her so I will be sending her a letter to explain that to her once I calm down.

Thanks for listening to me. Oh, By the way Cleveland Clinic is always right, they NEVER make mistakes, like calling the wrong number and leaving a message. LOL

Guess what? In spite of all of it God is Still In Control.

10 comments:

JanJ said...

Aww Sally, this is awful, I hope you can get it sorted soon, it's so unfair to put you through all this!

Take it easy!

Jan xx

Jessica G. said...

There's not much more frustrating in life than health issues, unless it's healthcare issues! Wishing you the best at your new clinic and hoping you get the help you need ASAP!!

stampinfrog said...

This can be so frustrating! Good luck with your new doctor!!!
Hugs,Connie

Rita said...

Oh Sally so sorry for your troubles, as a fellow high blood pressure gal myself I totally understand. You did right & glad that you took the time to calm down & not let the BP get the best of you. Things happen for a reason, I'm sure that you will be very happy with the new doctor & office. Good luck!

Cindy said...

Ugh, what a nightmare! {{{Hugs}}} to you, dear one. xx Cindy E.

Vee said...

Aw Sally just when things were looking up....It never fails always happens if you think it's all going right..Hope this new clinic gets it sorted out for you soon, I think you've gone through enough.

((HUGS))) Vee

Kim Dellow said...

Oh boy, that is annoying - you poor thing just what you don't need when you aren't feeling well. Hope it all gets sorted out properly and you start feeling better. Kim

Sweet 'N' Crafty Gal said...

awww sally that's awful what you've gone through i do hope with this new one things will be better for you xxx

thread-bare said...

Sally sorry to hear you are still being messed about when you are suffering such horrendous pain. Let's hope this new clinic is a bit more efficient xx Clare x

a portland granny said...

Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise and you will get some new help from your new doctor.