Saturday, September 5, 2009

Another Post - 2 Cards - 2 Challenges

I have had this stamp set for awhile now from Sweet n Sassy Stamps, but have not used it until now. I love lighthouses. It looks like I am going to have to practice on my spraying technique for my Tattered Angels sprays. Any suggestions.
This was made using papers from my stash, with no name so I have no idea who manufactured them. I used copic markers for coloring and Tattered angels Jazz Blue Glimmer Mist for the sky.
I have entered this in Sweet Stop Sketches this week since their challenge was to use Sweet n Sassy Stamps. I really enjoyed working with this sketch. This was also the first time I have entered this challenge, but it won't be my last. LOL


Have you ever had a card that you just didn't like from the time you started it until you finished it, walked away from it, come back and fell in love with it? Well that is what happened to me with this one. I can't for the life of me figure out why I didn't like it at first. Papers are Debbie Mumm. Colored with Copic Markers. Not sure who makes the poinsettia stamp. It had no name on it so I am guessing it was in the $1.00 bin at Pat Catans.
I have entered this one in Just Magnolia using their sketch this week. I have tweeked it a little to make my card look better and I used a rectangle card rather than a square one.

11 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Tweo fantastic cards Sally! Both are beautifully colored and love the DP on both of them!
Hugs,Connie

Julie Temple said...

Great Cards!! I love the JM one, and how you tweaked the sketch! The image is adorable...I need her! hehehe

Hugs,
Julie

mueppi said...

Wow... Sally
two wonderful cards with great colouring and images!
Hugs Gisela

Kath said...

beautiful card sally and I love the magnolia one...isn't she just the cutest in her christmas outfit...enjoy the rest of your weekend...hugs kath xxxxx

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful lighthouse card -- the blue sky and vintage DP really make it striking. Fun Alva card, too; those striped socks are the best!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Sally,i love the images and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Deedee Anderson said...

Both cards are wonderful! I love the look of the lighthouse with the vintage DP, and the way you did the beams of light from the lamp. Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop this week! :-)

thread-bare said...

Wow, wow, wow Sally. I can't choose which card I like the best. I just love the lighthouse & the Just Magnolia is divine xx Clare x

Korin said...

Wow, lovely cards Sally! Thanks for playing along with The Sweet Stop and using one of our stamps :).

Hugs,
Korin

a portland granny said...

I love lighthouses! We have many of them on our Oregon Coast! The Christmas card is wonderful! Great cards! Love them!

Mina said...

two gorgeous cards...I havent seen this Magnolia stamp for ages, you have used it fantastically...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx