Monday, August 10, 2009

My Mom

I just wanted to let you all know that I will not be around for awhile. My precious mother collapsed at church yesterday with a stroke. Although I am very worried about her, I am encouraged by her improvement since yesterday. She was unable to walk without assistance , but today she is able to shuffle on her own. She will be evaluated today to see if she qualifies for physio. Since my dad is hard of hearing and my mother is legally deaf, I will be spending as much time with them as needed to help them understand the doctors and to help them make decisions. I will be back as soon as I can. If you feel inclined we would appreciate your prayers. I know that prayer certainly helps and already we know that by the improvement she has made since yesterday. God is so good to us in spite of our worry. !

Thank you for understanding.

8 comments:

JanJ said...

Hope your mum continues to improve and will be thinking of you all - take care

Jan xx

Emma said...

you shall be in my thoughts over the coming days and weeks, don't worry about us, just when you get a little mo update us on her progress x

pinky said...

Ah try not to worry too much, your mum will of course be in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
Pinky

Sam said...

Ohhh Sally - so sorry to hear about your mum's collapse. My thoughts are with you and the rest of the family and hope your mum continues with her improvement.

Hugs

Sam
x

a portland granny said...

Sally, I'm sorry about your Mom's stroke. How scary for everyone. I'm glad that she is showing improvement and trust and pray that it will continue.

Don't overdo yourself, as I think tending the bedside of a sick person is totally exhausting. I hope you are feeling better and can do this without too much discomfort!

Lorraine Robertson said...

Oh sweetie... so sorry to hear this terrible news...

Be assured that all us bloggers worldwide will be praying every day for your mum's speedy recovery.

Blessings to you all.

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Vee said...

So sorry about your Mum Sally. I hope she continues to improve. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Look after yourself.
Hugs xx Vee

Cindy E. said...

Sally, I'm keeping you and your mom in my prayers. (((Hugs))) Cindy E.