Thursday, July 16, 2009

Charisma Cardz Challenge WK 28 - A Sketch

Wowzers! It's Thursday and time for another challenge from Charisma Cardz .
I have been in a little less pain this week so have been able to visit more of your blogs until Mr. Linky went walk about. Thankfully Carly has the list so you have not been lost but unfortunately I can't comment on your creations. You all are a bunch of talented people out there in blogland. Thank you all for joining us in this past week's challenge.
Now on to this week. We have a wonderful sketch for you, so hurry on over to our blog to get all the details and start crafting. Be sure to check the blogs of all the DT members. They have lots of inspiration on their blogs.
For my card I thought I would drag out the brass stencils and try running them through my cuttlebug. After several failed attempts I finally sprayed my paper with water in a mister, placed it on the stencil, then the spellbinders rubber mat and 3 cardstock shims. It worked! Whoo Hoo! I then colored my image using chalks. I had not used them in ages and had so much fun with them, that I can't wait to drag them out again. The heart stick pin is from Joann Fabrics and I glued a gold bead at the end so it wouldn't pierce through the envelope.
Recipe:
Paper - Paper Pizazz - Girls to women
Jelly tots
Prima Flowers
Chalks
Brass stencil
Sentiment Heart and Soul Rubber stamp company.
Martha Stewart ash leave punch
Heart Pin - Joann Fabric
Ribbon - my stash.

9 comments:

Bev said...

What a beautiful card Sally, so elegant and so pretty. I agree about the chalks, I am so bad at ahving to get something then consigning it to a drawer never to see the light of day! x

Happy Crafter said...

Gorgeous card Sally i love it :)
Hugzz Val xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sally.

Hugs Riet.x

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Sally and fantastic colouring!
Love the gorgeous designs and detail!
Gorgeous papers.
Hugs Linda

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hey Sally!! Boy your card is so soft and elegant!! I love the embossed detail and overall design!! ;) TFS!!

Pinkllilac said...

What a beautiful card Sally I love the image and the colour combination, such a gorgeous design and papers.
I have left you an award on my blog
Hugs Linda

Tonya said...

Sally, Your card is simply gorgeous!! Love the colors you have used and the image is beautiful. Thank you for having as a guest designer.

Lorraine A said...

Stunning card ! I love the way you made this ! The image is just gorgeous !

Luv
Lorraine x

thread-bare said...

Such a lovely feminine card Sally. Love it xx Clare x