Thursday, June 18, 2009

Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend - Charisma Cardz Challenge 24

Good Happy Thursday Morning!
Sorry about the late post but Mr. Blogger didn't do his job. I had this set to publish at 4:30 this morning, but for some reason it didn't auto post.
It's another fine day to start another challenge with us at Charisma Cardz. Our own Claire has chosen the theme of "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend".

Before we get to that though I want to thank all of you who took part in our challenge this past week! Your Sweet Creations were truly yummy and inspirational. So much talent out there in blogland.

Ok now onto the challenge, be sure to stop by our blog and get all the particulars of this week's challenge.

I took a slightly different spin on this week's challenge making a card with diamonds embossed in the background and sentiment, then sanded and added a few diamonds to make to intertwined hearts.



Recipe:
Plain cardstock
Cuttlebug Diamond embossing folder
Sentiment - Embossing frolder - Sizzix wedding series
Flowers - Stash

11 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Sally this card is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love everything about this card the embossing,the flowers and the color (purple is my fav).TFS
Hugs,Connie

a portland granny said...

That is a lovely card. I have been so lazy about leaving comments. I did so enjoy the pictures of your yard! You are doing a wonderful job, and obviously putting in gobs of work. Hope you are holding up under all of the hard work!

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Sally and I love the diamond effect and the colours you have used are super
Hugs Linda

Jessica G. said...

Wow -- the sanded texture and sentiment are such an impressive touch! The white primas really pop against this background, too.

Marcea said...

This is so pretty Sally. I love your flower ensemble in the corner of your card - just delightful. Hope you have a lovely weekend
-x-

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sally.

Hugs Riet.x

a portland granny said...

Sally, I have the cutest card under your name on my side bar, but I can't find it!? You must have changed your mind.

I think I'm back to making cards again. At least I sure hope so.

Nicola said...

Ooh Sally your card is so beautiful and delicate. Love your embossed background and your floral arrangement and diamond hearts are awesome.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Cathy said...

Wow Sally
Love your card. The flowers in the corner are so pretty and sure set off the whole card.Love your colors also.
Nice card.

Bev said...

So pretty - love the beautiful colour x

thread-bare said...

This card has come up really amazing xx Love the simplicity of the colours xx Clare x