Thursday, May 14, 2009

Magnolia Stitching

I have had this card finished since Saturday, but have not had time to upload it. I am not real thrilled with it as it looks like it is missing something. I just didn't know what else to put on it. My mojo is not working well! Also I am not a fan of stitching and would never drag the sewing machine out just to stitch a card, but since I was making my granddaughter a little slip dress I thought I would give it a try and this is what I came up with. Since I have stitched on it, it fits the Just Magnolia In Stitches challenge this week. Nothing like waiting till the last day.


Recipe:
All paper is scraps from another project
Image- Magnolia colored with prisma color pencils and gamsol to blend
Shimmerz Bling pixie dust
sizzix die cut swirls
flowers prima
Stitching - sewing machine


15 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sally,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Bev said...

So pretty! Love your choice of papers and colours. Thanks so much for joining us this week. x

Kim Piggott said...

Wow! Fabulous card!
Love all your gorgeous detail and such wonderful detail!
Thanks so much for joining us at Just Magnolia!
hugs
kim x

Lorraine A said...

Hi Sally :-) Love your card :-) I looked and looked again wondering what could be missing cos it looks fab as it is but then wondered what a flower or a ribbon would look like behind her !! hmm might be nice you'd have to just look before commiting yourself tho it might ruin it lol !! :-)
Lorraine x x

Rach said...

this is such a pretty and sweet card, great colours and stitching detail. thank you for joining us at just magnolia.x

Mina said...

beautiful card Sally and fabulous stitching...thank you for joining in the Just Magnolia challenge xxx

Pinkllilac said...

Hi Sally Well I think this card is stunning and I love the stitching and my favourite colours too. I must get a small sewing machine.
Hugs Linda x

stampinfrog said...

Your mojo is fantastic!Love the color combo and your coloring is fabulous.Love the little roses!
Hugs,Connie

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful job with the stitching -- I haven't been brave enough to try stitching on cardstock yet. The primas and flourish are so elegant together, too!

Kim Dellow said...

Very pretty, Love the lilac and aqua, gorgeous. Kim

Lorraine Robertson said...

Oh sweetie what a gorgeous card & I don't think there is anything missing at all...

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Nicola said...

Stunning card Sally and it doesn´t look like anythings missing. Love your beautiful colouring and stitchine and these details are fabulous.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Marcea said...

what a pretty colour combo Sally, so gorgeous
-x-

Linda Crowder said...

If you don't like this card, you can send it to ME! I like these Magnolia images anytime. I don't have any of their stamps, and maybe some day I can remedy that. But this little girl is the ultimate feminine card, all in pink! What fun!

thread-bare said...

Stunning card hun. I think it is perfect as it is xx
Clare x