Friday, May 1, 2009

A Couple of Challenge Cards

I managed to get a couple of challenge cards finished today so thought I would try to get them posted before my Miss V gets here for the day! I think we are going to play "princess" today. LOL. A couple years ago hubby and I got her a pop up 5ft x 5ft castle tent, which she just dearly loves. She dresses up in a frilly dress and plays princess all day long. She's a hoot. Sorry I do digress from time to time, especially when it comes to my Miss V.
I haven't used a Sarah Kay in awhile so thought I would color up one of those for a change. I used the sketch from Stamp With Sarah Kay and then realized it fit the challenge for A Spoonfull Of Sugar.
Recipe:
Paper: Basic Gray - Urban Prairie
Copic Markers
Flowers: Prima, brights
My Stash - brads, ribbon, flower centers
Inked edges with Ranger Distress Ink Antique Linen


Next up WOJ . Now this might be stretching it a bit. The challenge this week was stars and stripes. Her top and jeans have stripes and the background paper is stripes. Really it is. I have added a star charm. Like I said I might be streching it a bit.

Recipe
Copic Markers
Image: WOJ
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Background paper - Basic Grey
My Stash - Ribbon, Charm
Computer generated sentiment, Old English font

14 comments:

Riet said...

Wowww Sally,what a beautiful cards,l love the stamps and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

a sweet card .the papers are lovely and i like how you have added the star charm. thank you for joining us at whiff of joy. hugs rachxx

Alexandra said...

good morning sally,
your card´s are very wonderful!

hugs
alexandra

Lyndsey Marie said...

Gorgeous cards Sally, love the cute images and the papers and colour combos look fab.
Lyndsey xx

Nicola said...

Fabulous card Sally, love your images and super detail.
Nicola -x-

stampinfrog said...

two stunning cards Sally! Love the papers and the charms and of course your coloring is fabulous!TFS
Hugs,Connie

Kristen Hermanny said...

pretty cards. playing princess would be fun, but glad you got some cards in before you had to dress up.
I love the BG paper!
And I love all your layers and details.

a portland granny said...

I like both of these cards so much. Your coloring is beautiful. I have the top stamp and have used it only once. You inspire me to get going on it.

Leanne said...

These cards are stunning hun, I love the added charms bits, lovely!
Leanne :o)
xx

Bev said...

Two fabulous cards hun, love those papers and delish colours and the wonderful detail. Thanks for joining us this week x

Liza said...

Two wonderful creations Sally and fabulous colouring.

Liza x

Anne H. said...

Your cards are gorgeous!
Adorable images and beautiful colors!
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne -:)

Valoudesbois said...

Très jolie carte, j'aime beuacoup les couleurs que tu as choisies.

merci de ta participation

thread-bare said...

Two fabulous cards Sally. Miss V sure is a treasure xx Clare x