Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Totally Out Of My Comfort Zone

I have been using so much pinks, purples and greens in my creations lately, that I thought maybe I am in a rut. As many of you know I am horribly allergic to anything with pollen, including flowers, which I dearly love. I watch my flowers grow from inside the house from window to window. LOL Today I was looking at the beautiful daffodils and narcissis with their lovely yellows and deep orange trims and fell in love with the color combo. This is not something that I would have used without the inspiration of my lovely spring flowers.

Have you ever had one of those stamps that tends to lend its self to what ever you are making? The one you always go to when you can't settle on anything else? Since I purchased this rubber stamp from Heart and Soul Rubber Company (link in my sidebar), it has fast become one of my very favorites. I never seem to tire of coloring it. It is the one that just lends itsself to whatever I am making.
Background paper from my scraps. Alcohol inks for orange and yellow paper. Corner adorner punch, ribbon from my stash. Colored with copics.

12 comments:

Craftyanny said...

Gorgeous card Sally. I love the zingy colours, it's really brought your card to life
hugs
Anne x

Nicola said...

Ooh Sally this is absolutely stunning. Such a gorgeous stamp so beautifully coloured and I love how you have used your inks for background too. Someone is sure in for a big surprise when they open this. -x-

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Sally,l love the colour and flower.

hugs Riet.x

purplestamper316 said...

Just beauteaous :) I love orange stuff almost as much as purple :) <>< thanks for sharing!

thread-bare said...

Absolutely stunning Sally xx Clare x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!!

Saskia

stampinfrog said...

Sally this is so gorgeous! Love the colors and the flower looks so real!Fantastic coloring!TFS
Hugs, Connie

a portland granny said...

Beautiful card. You coloring is beautiful. It gives such depth to the flower. I am going to have to revisit Heart and Soul again. I haven't used everything yet from my first order!

Hope all is well for you. I have some people I would love for you to meet over on my main blog!

Blessings.

Cathy said...

Nice card Sally,
Love the orange colors. I wouldn't have thought it would look good, but it sure does. I like it alot...
Glad to see that you are feeling better.

Emma said...

Gorgeous Sally...love the colours.
Emma x

carlzcardz said...

Beautiful hunni! thank you for your DT application for charisma we will be in touch soon! carly xx

Caroline said...

Gogeous card Sally, the colours are so vibrant
Caroline xx