Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lazy Day With a Little Card Making

It has truly been a hot beautiful day here in Northern Ohio. Had we not had such a wonderful breeze I would have been indoors with the AC on already. LOL Love the sunshine, but I am not a hot weather person. I thought today that I would give Christine's Sketch for Challenge 32 at Basic Gray a try, since I have not done this challenge in awhile.
I broke down and used my Marrakech Pad, now I think I am going to have lie down for awhile to get over the trauma. LOL
Recipe:
Paper - Basic Grey - Marrakech
Shapes - Spellbinders
Sentiment - Sweet & Sassy Stamps #1024 Pray Without Ceasing
Brads & Ribbon - My stash, brads colored with Krylon Copper Paint Pen
Inked all edges with Charcoal Dew Drop.

17 comments:

a portland granny said...

What a gorgeous card...and such a nice verse in the center! I might have to 'borrow' that idea!!

Lorraine Robertson said...

Fab card honey & love those papers

Hugs
Lorraine xxxx

Cindy E said...

LOL, I know how you feel! I'm such a paper hoarder myself. This is just lovely, Sally. Love the sentiment, too. Hugs, Cindy

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

A gorgeous, elegant card and thank you for using your papers especially for us ! Thank you for joining us in the BG challenge this week,

Jo x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sally.

Hugs Riet.x

Leanne said...

Wow this is a gorgeous card Sally.
Leanne :o)
xx

Liza said...

Fabulous Sally, love the papers. I feel the same way about breaking open a pad!!! lol!!!

Liza x

Kristen Hermanny said...

Beautiful card, and wonderful sentiment

Nicola said...

Fabulous card Sally, you sound more like our Bev everday with cutting into beloved papers ... but it was well worth it. -x-

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful quilt card -- the Marrakech DP is perfect for this sentiment!

Rica said...

Stunning card, love the use of the Marrkech paper together with that sentiment. Gorgeous embellishments, especially that delicious ribbon.
Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey.
hugs Heather xx

Pinkllilac said...

Hi Sally I just love this card and the paper is to die for, love it.
Hugs Linda

Linda Crowder said...

I love Basic Grey and this is stunning. I love the sentiment, too. thanks for sharing.

papercraftsbyrach said...

Sally this is a gorgeous card, love the papers that you have used, hope that you have recovered. lol. hugs rachxx

Bev said...

Wow! This is fab hun - so different and so effective. Love how you have used those papers, I was a bit flummoxed with this sheet so thanks for the inspiration x

Kelly said...

I love your card, and that quote is fab! I dont want to break into my Marrakesh paper pad either.. thanks for the inspiration!
Kel x

thread-bare said...

Wow Sally, this card is just sooo lovely. Nice to see something different xx Clare x