Thursday, April 30, 2009

Charisma Cardz Challenge Week 17

What a fabulous challege this week at Charisma Cardz, which is set by our own Leanne. For this week's theme she has chosen "Thank You"! Now I know from time to time we all have to use thank you's so get your creative caps on and show us what you can make. Hope you will join us and show us your lovely designs. Be sure to stop by Charisma Cardz Challenge Blog to get all the details on the challenge. Also stop by and visit all the DT blogs. You will be amazed at their lovely creations. It is well worth the tour. All their blogs are listed in my side bar.
Loved doing this challenge as I did a candle which I have never tried before and I couldn't believe how easy it was. I stamped and colored the image on tissue paper with my prisma pencils and gamsol to blend, then heat set it to the candle. Added my embellisments and this is the result. Next I made a card to match! The only thing missing is a gift bag. Maybe next time.
Recipe:
Candle & buttons & tissue paper : My Stash
Border Punch: Martha Stewart
Image & Sentiment: CDee's (very old stamp set)
Prisma Color Pencils
Gamsol
Pearls - Mark Richardsusa
Patterned Paper on card - Basic Grey

8 comments:

Nicola said...

Fantastic creations Sally - such a beautiful image, sentiment and detail.
Nicola -x-

Leanne said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning! What a fantastic gift for someone (hint hint me!!!) lol!
Leanne :o)
xx

Riet said...

Wowwww Sally,what a beautiful creations,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

thread-bare said...

Great card & candle Sally. Candles seem to be popping up everywhere lol!!! Clare x

Roxy said...

Absolutely love the candle! I have done that once before but only with text so might try it with colour! Pretty colours too!

Roxy

Allison said...

these are gorgeous
thanks for the lovely comment and how I made the card was by using a circular card(iused a CD as template for this) then punched out 5 scalloped circles and layered them on to the base card- next time I make a card like it I will put it on as a tutorial
hope that helps
AllisonX

Bev said...

An absolutelu exquisite project my friend - such a delish cplour combo and image x

clare said...

WOW Sally your candle is gorgeous hun..i couldn't believe either how easy they are to make..ive just made a few on the weekend.
the card is gorgeous as well hun..what a lovely gift for someone.
TFS clarex