Thursday, April 23, 2009

Charisma Cardz Challenge Week 16

First of all I really feel honored to be part of the Charisma Cardz Challenge DT. This is my first challenge with them and when I saw the great sketch by our very own Claire I knew immediately what I wanted to do with it. Be sure to stop by the rest of the DT to see their lovely creations. They are all listed in my sidebar. Just click on their name and it will take you to their fabulous blogs. Also check the Charisma Cardz Challenge Blog for all the details of the challenge and the great prize that is on offer this week.
Using Claire's sketch for this week, I have made a scrapbook page using my favorite subject--Miss V--I never tire of taking pictures of her. For Easter her poppy got her this monkey puppet that makes "monkey noises" when you close it's mouth together. She nearly drove us crazy with it so we sent it home with her. Isn't that what grandparents are supposed to do? She was also trying on a new outfit that Nonnie got her so if you look closely you can see the tags still hanging from the side. LOL. I used no patterned paper! I must be sick. The cardstock is Bazzill Bling.
The monkey face is not a die cut, it was made by me. I tried to make it like the monkey face on Miss V's top. It took me 3 hours to accomplish this as I can't draw a straight line with a ruler much less thinking I could draw a monkey. After much trying I finally punched out a bunch of circles in different sizes, glued them together until it resembled a monkey face, then I traced around it, thus coming up with this design. And as they say "the rest is history" LOL

Recipe;
card stock: Bazzill Bling
Flowers: Prims
Punch: Punch Bunch fern
Computer Generated Title: Font: Baahmrk
Circle Nesties: Spellbinders
Brads and wires are from my stash.

6 comments:

pinky said...

Lovely page, nice with the plain card. Miss V looks like she is having lots of fun lol even if it is noisy!
Pinky

Donna said...

Big Congratulations Sally on your dt position, you'll be fantastic. Love your page, your monkey is fabulous. Donna x

Riet said...

What a beautiful layout Sally.

Hugs Riet.x

Nicola said...

Congratulations on your DT Sally - such a beautiful page and Miss V is getting prettier by the day. -x-

thread-bare said...

Brilliant page hun, & the monkey is perfect, just like Miss V!!!! xx Clare x

Bev said...

What a brilliant layout my friend, but then you have the perfect subject to scrap! x