Monday, March 16, 2009

Whooo Hooo Achieved My Self Imposed Goal

I know I have not been blogging lately and I am sorry for that, but I truly have been busy making cards........just not for challenges. I made a goal for me to make 30 Mother's Day cards for http://www.cardsforheroes.org/ and I finally finished the last one this morning. They will go out in tomorrow's mail. It doesn't matter what your political stand on the war is. What does matter is that we here at home in the USA support our troops where they have been sent. Making cards for them to send home to their loved ones is such a blessing. Every card donated goes to a soldier serving somewhere on foreign soil. There is a video on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IDLYJwUT10 made as a thank you for all the cards that have been donated. It will truly touch your heart. If you are not involved why not give it a try. You don't have to donate 30 cards like me, you can alway give toward postage or donate a few cards. They are happy for any donations. If you would like to donate cards be sure to go to their website and read all the requirements as there are some really important restrictions. Check them out. You will be glad that you did. Here is my contribution. There is a mixture of stamped, decoupaged and paper craftcards. It doesn't matter if they are all the same design, I just chose to make 30 different ones. However, Father's Day may all be the same since men cards are so hard for me to make. I am a floral person and most men aren't... LOL Will have to get my thinking cap on for that one for sure.

5 comments:

Julie Temple said...

WOO HOO!! That is just WONDERFUL, Sally!! I am sure they will love them ALL! Such a loving gesture....

Hugs,
Julie

Marcea said...

Sally, what a wonderful gesture - you are such a kind, beautiful person
-x-

stampinfrog said...

Sally they will LOVE them!TFS
Hugs, Connie

Caroline said...

Wow Sally what a wonderfull range of cards. They will be treasured for sure and they are for a worthy cause. Glad to see you blogging again
Caroline xx

thread-bare said...

Fantastic cards Sally on doing this. Will see if there is anything in the UK xx