Monday, March 16, 2009

Something Green


The challenge for Stamp Something is green. They just didn't say what color of green. So green is green, right? I have been wanting to make this image up in a card for awhile now and after looking at it for a few weeks it has finally fallen into place. The image is from Sweet N Sassy Stamps - My Love Blooms by Chrissy. I just love this set. I colored it with Copics. For the vase I put on glossy accents sprinkled it with tiny beads, let it dry then added more glossy accents. I cut it using my spellbinders in my cuttlebug. The yellow green background is made using alcohol inks. I hadn't used those in awhile and thought it time to drag them out for a refresher. Ribbon and heart pin are from my stash. Sentiment is Whiff of Joy.

12 comments:

stampinfrog said...

GORGEOUS! I love the background paper and the beads on the vase is such a special touch to the card. Your coloring is Fantastic!TFS
Hugs, Connie

sparklybitsblog said...

thats beautiful sally love the colour x mandy

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Sally,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

Jessica G. said...

The alcohol ink background is a gorgeous backdrop for your purple accents and beautiful flowers! The little beads are the perfect touch of texture, too.

Nicola said...

Fabby background Sally, you are clever. Love what you have created with this gorgeous image too. -x-

Pinklilac said...

Hi Sally I love this and the way you did the vase is beautiful.
Hugs Linda

Butternut Sage Designs said...

lovin' those beads!

itsabrt said...

What a fabulous green themed card!
i absolutely love the flowers arrangement! BR-T

Marcea said...

This is gorgeous. Love those beads hun - so effective
-x-

Kim Dellow said...

Oh fabulous make and I love the vase. Kim

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Sally - This is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. Love the way you added a touch of sparkle to the vase and the Hat pin is darling! TFS!

thread-bare said...

Love the way you have tied the ribbon on this card x Stunning xx

Clare xx