Friday, March 6, 2009

4 CHALLENGES IN THIS POST

I know most challenges like to have their own entry because of Mr. Linky but if I don't do it this way for this time. I won't get my cards posted until the challenge is over. Nothing like being slow. Also some of my cards show up crooked, however they are not in real life. I don't understand why they are crooked in the scan. I have measured and rescanned them and it shows the same???? LOL Ok so I'm not perfect. Have also been having problems with Blogger not accepting words in the link so I will use the full link on these posts. Hope they work and Blogger gets the other problem fixed soonest!

BASIC GREY CHALLENG 24 POCKETS - http://basicgreychallenges.blogspot.com

For this challenge we were to use pockets and something basic grey. I used the green and yellow distressed papers from Two Scoops. The ribbon is Martha Stewart. Background paper is Inque Boutique - Always in Bloom. Stamp is a new one from Magenta. Love that stamp it is so versetile it can be used either for backgroud or as a focal point as I have done in this card. Images are colored using copics.

ROSES ON PAPER CHALLENGE 7 ROSETTE'S SKETCH http://ropchallenge.blogspot.com


Again this show crooked but upon measuring it, it isn't. I wanted this to be springy as I need to have some spring in my life. I have colored Tilda with watering can with my copics. The flowers are Prima, leaves are Martha Stewart branch punch. flower centers, brads and charms are all from my stash. Paper is from Colorbok Natures Garden.

CUTIE SUNDAY http://cutie-sunday.blogspot.com

Thought this was a cute sketch. I used Tilda holding a cat which I colored with prisma color pencils and gamsol to blend. Papers are from Inque Boutique Always in Bloom. Flowers are Daisy Doodles, Flower brad, pearls and sentiment are from my stash.
Wow this didn't scan well at all and in real life it is really a stunning card and is not crooked. In this challenge we were to use colors that we don't often use. I chose to use salmon as it is a color that I like but don't often use. However, in my scan it doesn't show up salmon at all??? The stamp is from Sweet N Sassy Stamps a new release. I just love it. I have also used all cardstock which is unusual for me... No patterned paper! LOL I scored the card on the diagonal using score pal to give dimension. Ribbons are from my stash.



15 comments:

Crafting Joanne said...

All beautiful cards Sally, impossible to choose a favourite.

Joanne x

Riet said...

woww Sally,what a beautiful cards.

have a nice weekend.
hugs Riet.x

Ceal said...

Beautiful! thanks for playing with the Belli girls this week!

Donna said...

Oh my, you've been busy Sally, Stunning cards, I especially love your tilda one, its coloured beautifully. Donna x

stampinfrog said...

Beautiful cards!TFS
Hugs, Connie

Jessica G. said...

Great job with the challenges! Adorable Magnolia card, fun card sketch, elegant bird theme; my favorite, though, is the pocket card. The pocket is a wonderful element, especially when enclosing such a beautiful flower image panel!

a portland granny said...

Wow Sally! You've really outdone yourself--Each is just lovely. I especially like the bird one.

These challenges are fun to do. I always enjoy your creativity. I'm going to post the award you gave me today. I don't know where the hours go each day!!??

Rica said...

Fabulous card Sally. Love your pocket and stamp on your Basic Grey card, great colours.
Thanks for joinin in at BG.
hugs Heather xx

Chrissy D said...

You have been busy, my friend! WOW! each card is FABULOUS!!My favorite 2 are the top and bottom one - but all are great! THANK YOU for playing in the challenge!

Chris said...

Fantastic cards Sally and I love all the colours and gorgeous images you used. Glad you could join the BG challenge this week. Chris x

Holly said...

Beautiful Belli card!!!!! I love how you colored the birds, and salmon is a beautiful color for the flowers and matting. I love that bird set!

kim-paperbabe said...

Wow, great collection Sally, Love your pocket idea, so clever, great choice of papers thanks for joining us this week for the BasicGrey challenge! HuGs Kim :D

Bev said...

They are fabulous Sally, I do love the last one - the image is fab!!

Hope you get your computer sorted soon x

Nicola said...

Wonderful cards Sally and the little birds just win by a tweet. -x-

Kristin Kottwitz said...

wow! Great job! All your cards are absolutely beautiful.