Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Funky Fairy Challenge 5 Swirls






For this weeks Funky Fairy Challenge 5 - Swirls I have chosen to make a folding album using papers from Cherish Part 2, Distressing Vines Vol 1 and Dots are Distressing Vol 1 The flowers were punched using punch bunch flower punches edges were curled with my fingers and then I added silicone to pop them up. Ribbon is from my stash. Swirls are from Sizzix, Flower pearl brad center, papermania, from my lovely friend, Bev and the silver center is from my stash. I love making these because there uses are endless. A couple things I like the make them for are baby or bridal showers, saving the full square to later add photos of the event, but having each guest sign the triangle areas front and back and leave messages for the mom to be or bride to be. It always creates a lot of fun. They can also be made longer than the one shown. Be sure to stop by and join in the fun. The challenges are great and the papers you can download to use are fantastic to print.

16 comments:

Riet said...

woww Sally,what a gorgeous creation.

hugs Riet.xx

Marcea said...

Sally, this is amazing!! Wonderful work sweetie
-x-

Nicola said...

Beautiful album Sally and as you say so versatile. Love your punched flower and swirls. -x-

a portland granny said...

Loved your front for the album. I haven't seen one like that--it looks complicated! I especially like the swirls!

Pinklilac said...

Beautiful Sally I love the flower and the swirls, the colours you picked are great.
Hugs Linda

rozzy said...

A wonderful project, I love the papers you have used and the flower/swirl
Hugs rozzy xx

Bev said...

Absolutely exquisite project Sally - love the colours.

Rach said...

wow this is fantastic.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Wow! This is awesome! I wish I was ambitious enough to try projects like this!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful album you made, Sally. Love the color combo and the swirls too. Really great idea using them for showers too, sure they are a big hit. Wonderful work. Phyllis

Cindy E said...

Sally, that is soooo cool! I love the colors and the whole concept of it. Where can I find a template for that folding album? Hugs, xx Cindy E.

Liza said...

This album is beautiful Sally. I love the papers and the swirl detail.

Liza x

Linda Crowder said...

I don't know how you are doing these wonderful cards. I am glad your hand is healing and that you are better. God answers prayers. Take care and thanks for sharing.

Lorraine Robertson said...

This is fab honey & thanks so much for sharing... will give it a bash when I have a spare bit of time...

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Emma said...

Gorgeous Sally..really love it, amazing.
Emma x

Pinklilac said...

Hi Sally Beautiful creation and I love the colours


I have left you a little something on my blog, enjoy.

Hugs Linda