Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Card Positioning System Challenge

This is the first time I have made a card for this challenge. I love the sketch CPS has for their challenge and know that I will use it again and again. I have this old stamp of praying hands that is one of my tried and true favorites. I have no idea who it is made by other than it says Chesapeake, VA. It is so well used the rubber keeps peeling from the wood block and I keep glueing it back. LOL I think it might be time to look for a new one!
I loved making this card. It really spoke to my heart and just seemed to fall into place for me.
I have used background paper from Funky Fairy Paper Crafts. I printed the Lord's Prayer on regular card stock using Bible Script Font in lightened black. Then inked the whole thing with Jumbo Java Brilliance. On either side of the prayer I stamped a swirl with same ink. (I don't know the stamp name for the swirl, dumb me, didn't save the packaging). I stamped the praying hands onto acetate using Stazon Black adhered it over the prayer using brown brads from my stash. The ribbons are from my stash along with the gold angel charm and gold flower center. The flowers are prima, brights. I glittered the center brad which is also from my stash

9 comments:

Lorraine Robertson said...

Gorgeous card honey.

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

stampinfrog said...

Sooooo GORGEOUS! Love this stamp and you color combo is perfect..TFS

Hope you have a great and safe evening!
Hugs,Connie

Donna said...

Stunning card, I love it. Donna x

Savitri said...

Beautiful! Love the flower and the center piece for it. The colors are just great together!

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Beautiful card xx

Charity Hassel said...

great stamping and colors! lovely take on the cps sketch!

Lea L. said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~Lea

Sam said...

WOW - that is absolutely stunning.

Sam
x

Jess said...

I love the blue and gold combination. Gorgeous card!