Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update On My Hand

I am so blessed. I have received so many wonderful emails and blog wishes from so many of you. Believe me it helps with not being able to craft. Typing is a bit of a challenge, but it is also good therapy. I went to the doctor yesterday. He removed the huge bandage and I came home with two bandaids. LOL... An hour and a half surgery for 2 bandaids. Can you beat that! Anyway he said the sugery went well and asked if I had any numbness because that was a major concern since the areas were so close to the nerves. I can honestly say that God answered your prayers because I have no numbness anywhere. I am able to make a fist, albeit not a tight one but at least a fist which is some thing I couldn't do before the surgery. I couldn't even hold a small cup of coffee and sometimes not even a piece of paper. They told me I could type a little but not a whole lot as I don't want Capel Tunnel before this heals. LOL... I have not had pain meds since the first day. I hate those things and I am so thankful that the pain is tolerable without them. I promise I am being good and not using my hand except how they told me to use it and I am doing my therapy everyday eventhough it hurts something fierce. Hey, I forgot I can even move my thumb. I hadn't been able to do that for about a year now. Isn't God so good to me? Thank you all so much for your prayers, emails and good wishes. They certainly help to pass the long days. I go next Wednesday to have the sutures removed.

Hugs,
Sally

9 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Sally I am sooooo glad everything is working out with your hand! I would have killed my hubby by now if I couldn't stamp or scrapbook!!!
Make sure you keep us updated!
Have a great,safe and a no pain evening!
Connie (aka stampinfrog)

Cathy said...

Sally, Glad to hear all went well. Now to do what you are supposed to do and not make the healing longer than necessary. Take care and let us know how you are coming along.
I received my envelope you mailed me today and I want to thank you so much. I am excited to get started. Let you know how it works out... chat with you later

Kim Dellow said...

Hey Sally, I do hope all goes well with you hand. Thanks for linking to my candy and good luck in the draw. Kim

Lorraine Robertson said...

So glad your hand is healing well honey & hope it's not too long before you're back crafting again..

Thank you for asking where I got the acrylic tags from... not sure where you can get them in the US but if you have probs they are available by post from

http://www.joannasheen.com/

hope this helps honey..

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Bev said...

This is the best news indeed Sally - I am so glad that you are making such a good recovery.

hugs Bev x

Nicola said...

I am delighted to hear you are impriving Sally, remember to crawl befor you walk hun. -x-

Sam said...

Glad to hear the fantastic update on your surgery.... just take one step at a time hon.

Sam
x

Chrissy D said...

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!! I am praising GOD with you Sally and praying for continued healing upon your hand!

Chrissy D said...

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!! I am praising GOD with you Sally and praying for continued healing upon your hand!