Thursday, January 29, 2009

An Up Date And A Card

Yesterday I went to the doctor to have my sutures removed. My 4-yr-old granddaughter wanted to go with me so she could watch them take out those "dirty black things" She told her Poppy that it didn't even hurt. LOL. Easy for her to say! It was a little ouchy, but because she was there I just smiled, which probably in all reality was a grimace. I do digress when I start talking about my Miss V. Anyway my fingers are working pretty good and I think I am doing great. God is Good! My wrist will take a little longer, but the doctor said I could start doing some limited crafting so with that I made this card. It is still difficult to stamp, but after 6 attempts I finally suceeded.

Now for my card:

I love these glads. It is a stamp from Heart and Soul Rubber Stamp Co.. (If you haven't visited them, stop by and check them out, they have fabulous stamps at terrific prices). I have colored it with my copics. I am not thrilled with the outcome, but I am determined to not give up on them. I cut it out using my cuddlebug and spellbinder oval nestabilities. I then mounted it on Peachy pink paper and added 3mm pearls from Mark Roberts. The background paper is from K&Co Designer pack. the hearts and buttons are from my stash that I colored with my copics to match my picture. The lace is from my friend Bev, who sent it for me for Christmas. The sentiment is from Sweet N Sassy Encouragement group #1015. (love these sentiments)! I used a sketch from Stamp with Sarah Kay. It felt good to be making a card. Ok, Ok. I promise not to over do it.

14 comments:

Nicola said...

So pleased to hear you are on the mend Sally, just ´take it easy for a bit longer.
Your card is stunning, I love this image and your colour combo. -x-

Donna said...

Hi Sally, I love your copic colouring, i think it looks great and your right that sentiment is lovely. Glad to hear you got your 'black things' out and doing well, take care. Donna x

Poppy said...

love the card, keep taking it steady.
poppy

Bev said...

Sally I am thrilled to bits on your progress report. Woohoo - that's the best news in ages!!

Love this card, the image is gorgeous and the layout stunning
hugs Bev x

Sam said...

Stunning card Sally - beautiful flowers again..... and wonderful news to hear you are on the mend.

Sam
x

Chrissy D said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Do you get your lacy things in the sewing department? I need to go shop there...or do I? lol Very pretty card! PRAISE GOD for your recovering. Children are such a joy...I digress sometimes too. I think it is the nature of the beast when it comes to telling stories about our young loved ones! :) Have a great and godly day!

Pinklilac said...

Hi Sally so glad your on the mend and back to limited crafting, good to see grandchildren keep us brave lol. I just love this card and the colouring is beautiful. Love those Copice you have got.
Hugs Linda

stampinfrog said...

Beautiful card Sally! So glad you are mending! Love the 3mm pearls,fantastic coloring!

Have a great and safe day!
Connie (stampinfrog)

Linda said...

What a sweet sweet card Sally, i am so happy for you that your surgery has gone well, hope things continue to improve for you.
Hugs
Linda B
x

Marcea said...

Hiya hun, so happy to hear your good news. I can hardly believe you have made such a fabulous card so soon after your op - well done hun!!!! Now take it easy and remember he did say limited, lol
Have a lovely weekend
-x-

Liza said...

Please to hear that your are on the mend Sally. Great card and your colouring is fabulous.

Liza x

Julie Temple said...

Oh Sally, this is gorgeous! Everythng about it is so feminine and delicate...that lace is to die for! Yes, DON'T overdo it, kiddo! But keep up the beautiful work...LOL. Is that too contrary of a statement? Take care~

Rubber Hugs,
Julie

Nicola said...

Hi Sally,
Hope you are well hun. I have left 4 awards on my blog for you which you deserve so much because you are so special. Have a lovely weekend. xxx

Kerry D-C said...

this is stunning! love the colors!