Monday, January 19, 2009

Roses On Paper Challenge 4

I had a few extra minutes today and thought while I had time I should make a card for my granddaughter for Valentine's Day. I have chosen Tilda because she is so adorable just like my Miss V. However, I must share a little story with you about the Miss V and the Tilda stamps. The first time she saw me stamping one of them she watched me for awhile and was very quite. After I finished and started to color them she then asked if I could stamp her some of the "little girl mooses with clothes on them". Needless to say everytime I use Tilda I think of Miss V and it always brings a smile to my face.
The pictures don't do this card justice at all. I wanted to get this posted this evening so there is too much glare. I have used the sketch from Roses On Paper Challenge 4.
Background paper is Basic Gray, Urban Prairie. Tilda is sitting on a heart cut from a Cuttlebug die. She is adhered to a folder that I sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Pink Ink. The small hearts are from the MS punch. I saved them when I punched the border of hearts for something else. LOL. I have colored Tilda with Copic Markers. Wings have Star Dust Stickles on them. She is adhered using foam pads. The flap opens to reveal a place to put a gift card, which will be from Toy r Us. I used the slit punch from SU for the closure. For the right side I used left over peel offs in white to adhere 2 more little hearts salvaged from another project. I have also covered them with Star Dust Stickles. The flowers are Michaels Bridal Table Confetti. Swirl is Sizzix. The sentiment is Studio G, stamped in Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy and I used the SU large oval punch.

15 comments:

stampinfrog said...

LOVE IT! The little girl moose is precious.Fantastic coloring and the color combo is perfect valentine for your grandaughter!Thanks for the info in the email.I have saved the pic and will try to upload it tomorrow!
Hope you have a great and safe day!
Connie (aka stampinfrog)

Pinklilac said...

Hi Sally I just love this, the colours are great. Love Tilda and I am now going to invest in some.
Hugs Linda

Anki said...

Very cute card! Thank you so much for joining us for all the fun at RoP. Kram and wish you a wonderful week! Anki

Anki said...

Very cute card! Thank you so much for joining us for all the fun at RoP. Kram and wish you a wonderful week! Anki

Rosette said...

Lovely card dear.. so cute and cheerful!! :) Thaks for joining us , and good luck for winnig the lovely gift certificate from Summer! :)

Nicola said...

Your card is so stunning Sally and as Miss V adores her mooses she will love this so much along with her voucher which is concealed beautifully. I love these papers and your colouring is great as always. xxx

Rach said...

what a fabulous card so pretty i am sure that your granddaughter will be thrilled. hugs rachxx

Irina said...

Oh, the story is so sweet, love it!! Love your card too, great idea for the gift card!!
Hugs,
:) Irina

Kathy said...

Pretty card ~ I love the colors and the paper is gorgeous!! Your Tilda is adorable as well!
:)Kathy

Susan said...

How sweet! I love all the details and the paper is beautiful! Love the inside. She's just precious and I love the story! So sweet!

Susan said...

And thanks for joining in our Roses On Paper Challenge and Good luck!

Julie Temple said...

This is just adorable! I just love the Tilda's and HAVE to have some! This card is so sweet...and I love your Miss V story! Children bring so much JOY!

Hugs,
Julie

Bev said...

Sally this is gorgeous - I think these are my favourite papers - I love yellow and pink together and I especially love how you have coloured your mooses girl lol.

Hope you are okay after the surgers

hugs Bev x

Kerry D-C said...

Oh my goodness! this is ADORABLE!!! great, cheery, fun colors!

LINDA said...

Absolutely Adorable!!