Thursday, January 15, 2009

Penny Black Challenge 31

I thought it time to get back to some challenges. I made this card using a Penny Black Stamped Image, thanks to a wonderful friend. I have added this to the challenge at Penny Black. Their challenge this week was pink and brown, which is a favorite color scheme of mine.
The back ground paper is from last year's K&Co. Valentine pack, the rest of the paper is from my scrap file. The image is colored with prisma color pencils (had difficulty getting the results I wanted on the bees). Hello Stamp $1 stamp from Michaels, Ribbon from my friend, Bev. Flowers are Prisma and the findings and heart brad are from my stash box.

13 comments:

Nicola said...

Ooh Sally, what a beautiful card hun.
I love your dp´s and you have caught the colour on the bees just perfectly.
Ooh to be near a Michael´s to get such wonderful greeting stamps. xxx

Lisa said...

Hi Sally, Gorgeous card! I love the backing papers. x

clare said...

what a gorgeous card,to get back in to the challenges,love the colours,which are my fav aswell,and the image is just cute,good luck with challenge xx
hugs clare xx

stampinfrog said...

Sooooo CUTE! I love the color combo of pink & Brown. Your coloring is fantastic!Thanks for sharing!

Have a great and safe evening!
Connie (aka stampinfrog on scs)

Susie said...

Pic and brown are one of favorite color combo....this is too cute love it thanks for the tutorials


{{{Hugs}}}

Sharon in NE said...

Adorable card (and I love that "Hello" stamp! great bargain too!)

a portland granny said...

What a cute card! I so like PB stamps. I don't have very many, but love the ones that I do have. This card is very special.

Happy Crafter said...

Fab card Sally love the papers and cute image :)
Val xxx

Donna said...

Gorgeous Card Sally. Thanks for linking to my blog candy, good luck. Donna x

Pauline C said...

Sweet card for the challenge - love your colouring of that cute image and the pretty paper. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
Pauline x

Beth said...

This is so pretty! I love the cute image and the sentiment is so funky! Thanks for joining in this week!
Beth xx

Bev said...

Fabulous! Love this card Sally, the sentiment is fab and the bow gorgeous
hugs Bev x

Bonnie said...

Beautiful card Sally. I love the pink and brown together.