Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mojo Has Cabin Fever

With the winter snows we have been having and the bitter cold, I thought I was content to stay in the house and not venture out anywhere. Even my hubby asked me today if I wanted to go craft shopping and I told him no! LOL I must be sick. We have about 18 inches of snow on the ground with the promise of more to come at the beginning of the coming week. It is so cold it is not melting. Anyway I have tried to create about 6 cards today and none of them are worth posting, however I will post a couple. I think my Mojo went simplistic on me or it has to have Cabin Fever.

The first card is using a sketch from Friday Sketchers Blog by Carole. It is a fabulous simple sketch so I thought I would make this card using very clean lines.The image I used for this card is from Chris's Digi Stamps, which I colored with my copic markers. The rest is basic cardstock, ribbon and brads are from my stash and the sentiment stamp is a clear stamp and I can't remember who it is by. Sorry.
Second card is for a Challenge from Anna Banana Creations I loved the sketch and I love the papers that I have used but for some reason there is something missing. I will keep working with it or maybe toss it in the recycle bin to rework at some point in time.

The background paper is Laura Ashley, Sentiment from Sweet N Sassy Stamps , A True Friend set #1065 Used Cuddlebug scalloped ovals, Prima flowers from my stash, pearls from Mark Richards. Inked the edges with black soot from Ranger and Brilliance lavender. Tiny flower stamp is another stamp that I can't remember who makes it. the leaves/branches are from a Martha Stewart Punch.

17 comments:

Anna Banana said...

Sally,
Thanks so much for participating in the Go Bananas Challenge!

I LOVE the papers that you used - lovely color scheme!!

Anna Banana

Chris said...

Wonderful cards Sally, I would never have thought you're mojo had gone wandering, they're beautiful. Love your colouring of the daisies, such a pretty colour combo. I think you're definitely best staying at home with 18 inches of snow, I definitely wouldn't go out, even for craft supplies LOL! So glad to read that your doing ok after the surgery and have movement again, that's great, it must be such a relief to be able to use your hand again. Hope you recovery continues well. Chris x

Nicola said...

You haven´t lost your mojo hun. These cards are lovely as are your images. Stay nice snug and warm. -x-

Liza said...

Great cards Sally! I have some of chris's digi stamps and they are wonderful aren't they? You have done a great job colouring the flowers and I love the papers on your second card.

Liza x

Bev said...

Well if your mojo has gone a-wandering it's taken mine with! I've been sat for 2 days with the same image in front of me and am no further forward.

I love the blues Sally, the first card really is so pretty

hugs Bev

Rach said...

beautiful sally, I can't blame you for not wanting to go out in that snow...i wouldn't either..
hugs rachxx

Lorraine Robertson said...

Oh honey your cards are lovely, I think you just feel like your mojo has gone & left you but it aint....

Hope your snow clears soon..

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Craftyanny said...

great card Sally and congraulations on making it onto the Design Team for Funky Fairys
Anne

Emma said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally.
Congrats on FF DT...looking forward to crafting and getting to know you.
Emma x

a portland granny said...

Love your cards! I love the simplicity of the top one. Elegant! Glad you are staying inside. No need to go out in snow unless you have too!! At least that is my motto!

Glad you are mending. Wonderful that you can use that hand!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, Sally. So glad to hear you are coming along good now too with your hand and getting those nasty stitches out too. Hope you continue to improve each day and take good care now too. Phyllis

stampinfrog said...

You've lost your mojo!Yeah right!!!
Both of the cards are just GORGEOUS!!!
I love the blues and your coloring is fantastic!
Stay safe and warm with 18"of snow!
Are you ready for Spring?I AM!!!!!

Connie (stampinfrog)

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

Great project! So glad you joined us in our first blog hop!

Hugs, Becky

http://cuttlebugchallenges.blogspot.com

Kerry D-C said...

These are beautiful! I especially love the top one...make me feel springy!

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Such a pretty card...love it!
Thanks for trying my sketch.
Carole :D

Cardmaking Galore said...

lovely card!