Thursday, January 8, 2009

Magnolia vs. Stampavie


I can't believe that I was able to get another challenge done today. I didn't have Miss V so that helped a lot. It gave me time to play some before my hubby got home from work. Once he gets home, gets the snow cleaned from the driveway we are off to run some more errands. I should have done all of it yesterday when the weather was better. So much for procrastination.
Now to my card. I don't know what possessed me to do yellow other than it is one of my favorite colors. I can't wear it because it makes me look ill, but it is so cheerful. For the front, I used K & co Designer pack. Magnolia stamp that I colored with copics. Sentiment from WOJ, assorted prima flowers, centers from my embellishment stash, & oval punches from SU. For the insert I used left over paper and my border punch from Martha Stewart and another flower from prima, centers from my stash and left plenty of room for me to either stamp my thank you sentiment or handwrite a message. The back is left over paper and the sentiment is from Hero Arts. I have entered it into the Magnolia Meets Stampavie Challenge/ , using there sketch and theme of thank you.




13 comments:

Nicola said...

Ooh Sally she is gorgeous as is your beautiful colouring and papers.
Nicola xxx

Kim Piggott said...

So lovely beautiful colours and I love your image.
hugs
kim x

Bev said...

Sally it's absolutley delightful! I love yellow too, it's such a happy colour. In fact I'm working with yellow today too!

hug Bev x

Crafting Joanne said...

Beautiful Sally, love the colouring and papers. Had a quick browse and love your blog. Joanne x

Elaine said...

This is lovely! One of my very favourite Tilda images. :)

Rach said...

a beautiful card Sally love the yellow. hugs rachxx

Susie said...

this is the first time being at your blog and I love it.....I must admit I am a sucker for magnolia stamp!!!

BTW great coloring do you have a tutorial

Chrissy D said...

This is soooo pretty and SPRINGY! Love this card! BTW - I listed your Blog Candy on my side bar! Thank you!

Karen said...

Your cards are beautiful Sally: Pleased to have hopped over.

Moni said...

This is absolutlley beautiful card, love the image,the flowers and the paper! Hugs, Moni

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

Luvly magnolia card :) sweet coloring too!

Lorraine Robertson said...

I'm sure anyone would be over the moon to receive this gorgeous card.

Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx

Cathy said...

How are you doing Sally? Do you miss not stamping yet?

Love your card, and it is colored so georgous. Very Pretty

Keep us updated on how your wrist is coming along.