Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Finally A Challenge or Two!


Found this lovely sketch over at Basic Gray Challenge Challenge 16 so thought I would give it go. You had to use at least one element of Basic Gray which I did, the background paper is from Two Scoops line.
Since I used a Penny Black Stamp I found that my card also fit the criteria for their challenge week 30
You needed to emboss. I cut the circle using my Spellbinder dies, then embossed it using the Cuttlebug Swirls folder. I used a scrap of white core paper and then sanded it so the swirls show up. Cut fancy corners using my Cuttlebug. ribbon from my stash. I used my prisma color pencils for coloring. Haven't used those in awhile so I really did enjoy getting them out again.

13 comments:

Susan said...

What a cute card! I love the papers and these babies are just too cute! I just found your blog through Iris and you have beautiful work! I'll be back often!

Pauline C said...

Fab card Sally - love your swirly embossing and how it co-ordinates with the yummy BG paper. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
Pauline x

mar1ene said...

Gorgeous card and soo cute :)

Marlene xx

Rach said...

a fabulous card Sally, that image is so sweet. love the papers that you have used. hugs rachxx

Bev said...

Fabulous card Sally - love the fun image and well done you for fitting in with both challenges

hugs Bev x

Danita said...

What an adorable card!!! Now that is just fun, fun, fun!!!! Basic Grey AND Penny Black!!! Great job with this challenge!!!

a portland granny said...

I love all three cards you have done. I just love Basic Gray papers!! I have just started using them in the last six months and so enjoy them.

You've been busy. I have such a hard time thinking of what to do with challenges! Yours are all wonderful!

Sam said...

Absolutely gorgeous card - love those papers.

Left you a little something on my blog.

Sam
x

Nicola said...

Ooh what a yummy stamp Sally and you have coloured this beautifully. I adore your papers and love that ribbon.
Nicola xxx

ribenaruby said...

Gorgeous cute creation! Pretty papers and I love that PB image.

Chrissy D said...

FUN CARD! Love this image! Whoever gets this will be blessed!

Rica said...

Wondeerful card Sally.Great take on the sketch and you've coloured the image beautifully.
Thanks for playing with us this week.
hugs Heather xx

Kristen said...

Love the paper choice and the colors! Such a cute card--love it!