Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Challenge With Blog Candy Attached

I was blog hopping the other day and came across this blog that has blog candy with a challenge. Be sure to stop by and congratulate Linda at Purely Stamping on reaching 10,000 hits and enter her challenge.

I am not sure I am really happy with this card as it didn't quite turn out as I had envisioned it in my mind. (That mind of mine is playing tricks on me again. LOL). Its a tad on the plain side.
Anyway I had fun with the challenge. The background papers are from MME. The stamps are from SU Refuge and Strength #7. Paper ribbon was sent to me by a dear friend along with the raffia ribbon, to which I inked both of them using Brilliance Dew Drop in Cosmic Copper. The cross was stamped with Cosmic Copper and then embossed using Judikins Pastel Embossing Powder. The sentiment was stamped in clear and then embossed with Copper Embossing Powder by Ranger. Corners on the sentiment are from SU punch and little details are from sizzix. Matting paper is mirra copper from my stash. Flowers are Michaels Bridal Table Confetti in white that I sprayed with Memory Mists Copper. Centers are from my stash.

6 comments:

Bev said...

Sally it;s beautiful. Love the layout and colours and how you have done the sentiment

hugs Bev x

Linda (UKS Gadget Monkey) said...

I love the colours of this card, I dont think it is plain at all, I also have that stamp set but have only used it once... the card is on my blog.. Gorgeous card well done, thank you for taking part in my blog candy challenge...

Bonnie said...

I love this card. Where would we be without Him?? Lost.

Nicola said...

This is so pretty Sally, I love your choice of colours too. xxx

Yankee in England said...

Great job on the sketch!

Lorraine A said...

beautiful card , just lovely !