Saturday, January 3, 2009

Anniversary Card














Sorry I cut the side off my card insert! I am hurrying so to get things done, I am making lots of mistakes! LOL. I wanted to share this card. My hubby and I will be married 39 years this month. Not only did I marry the love of my life, but I also married my best friend. (I didn't know that at the time). I chose this stamp from Whiff of Joy, Herb in Love because my hubby and I got married on the coldest snowiest day of the year. So much so that when we left to go on our honeymoon we got stuck in the driveway! LOL. I have often wondered what possesed me to want to get married in the winter, but I always dreamed of a winter wedding. Must have been dead spot in my brain at the time or maybe just being in love. I didn't want the stamped image to look too Christmasy so I used a feather to cover the holly on his hat, a ribbon to cover the holly on the bell and a flower brad to cover the holly on her hat. For the hearts I used punch bunch heart punch and stamp from Whiff of Joy and masked off all the words but love. Paper is from Basic Gray Bittersweet. Happy Anniversary stamp is from Stampendeous. I chalked the edges with Color Box Chalk ink, dark brown. I truly feel that my husband makes me complete! Hope he likes it.

6 comments:

Rach said...

Sally your card is beautiful, love it and what a gorgeous inside too. Happy anniversary to you and you husband for later in the month...so nice that you got a best friend as well as a wonderful husband...
Thank you for the heads up on my candy. good luck. hugs rachxx

Bev said...

I love how you have used this image for a non Christmassy card Sally - it's so versatile. I bet your hubby love it. Happy anniversary

hugs Bev x

Chrissy D said...

Sally, this is sooo pretty! I love the rich colors and the image and your coloring is DELIGHTFUL! TFS!

ribenaruby said...

Fabulous anniversary card, love the way you adapted this image to make it for own special day. Beautiful!

Simona said...

Lovely card :)

A Stroke Above said...

Isn't it great being married to your soul-mate! I was too, for 31 years! Kuddos and many happy more years. Linda Crowder