Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas is Fast Approaching

I can't believe that as I write this Christmas is only 8 days away. Am I ready? Nope, not me. No packages wrapped, shopping isn't finished, cards aren't in the mail. I just don't know where the time has gone. I haven't had time to enter any challenges either. I'm going into withdrawl, however I really have been busy.

This week I made 12 of these lovely "Snowman Soup" mugs using the template from http://www.stampingvideos.com/. They are so adorable and such a thoughtful little gift when you have so many to give to. My granddaughter has about 12 teachers, between gymnastics, pre-school, Sunday School, Awanas, Junior Church and Junior Church Choir. At the age of 4 she has such a social life. LOL . She was so excited to "help" me make them. She counted out all the little bags and all the candy kisses, then put them in the cups as I finished them. We had such a lovely time making them together. To me that is what Christmas is about.

Next, I covered this paint can with Christmas Scrapbooking paper out of my stash and made a paper poinsettia for the lid. Trimmed the can with ribbon and it was complete. Such a cute quick idea for wrapping outside the box. I got the idea from an e-zine, but can't for the life of me remember what one it is. My hubby's family is having a "White Elephant" gift exchange and this is what I am using to "wrap" my "white elephant" in. Such a clever idea.



My mother seldom ever askes me to make cards for her because she thinks I am too busy (but have repeatedly told her I am never too busy for my mom). She wanted something really, really special to send to their church congregation for Christmas. This is the card that I came up with. The template was from a card that a friend made. I used the song "Away In A Manger" for the background for the inside of the card. I printed it on cream parchment paper, then crumbled it, straighted it out, inked it with antique linen distress inks. Used a decoupage from http://www.thelilacgarden.co.uk/. I am not one for peel offs, but needed to add something and they seemed to work well. Also used see - through holly stickers from my stash as those are my mom's favorite. Since I am not much of a photographer this picture really doesn't do the card justice.

Sorry for the long post. I'll try to keep them shorter in the future.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my, what a busy lady you have been! The card you made for your mother is just stunning. Wow!
Your mugs are adorable - great teacher gifts. I got a mug template from a different site and used it for one of the WOJ challenges couple weeks back; fun stuff.

a portland granny said...

I love those mugs. Thanks for sharing the directions with us. I'm about out of energy for this year, but know that I'm always looking for new ideas.

The card you made for your mother is absolutely beautiful!! I'm sure she was thrilled!

Thanks for stopping by my site--the closer I get to Christmas the less I am doing with my two blogs--the time is fast running out and we are snowed in!!

I loved that you made your mugs with your little granddaughter. Aren't they fun?? My granddaughter loves to do artsy things, so now when she comes we make cards. She loves all of my materials, machines, etc. I so enjoy our time together. I know the fun you have with your little girlie!!

Be blessed this Christmas.

Christi said...

Wow!! All of your creations are simply amazing!!!!!

Irina Blount said...

Sally, I LOVE the card that you had made for your mother!! Very different and GORGEOUS!!!
Holiday Hugs,
:) Irina