Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Basic Gray Challenge


I love Basic Grey paper and have been playing with the idea of using this Boxer Series on something. Then I came across a Basic Grey Challenge Blog and decided to enter my card there. The challenge this week is to use at least one item of Basic Grey and to use embossing. I embossed the center strip using the cuddle bug , then inked the raised embossing with black soot ink to give it more definition. The tag was just cut out of white card stock, antiqued with Color box, chalk, creamy brown, then edged in black soot.
The image was sent to me by a friend in an image swap. Truly love this image. I colored it using prisma color pencils and copic markers. Some of the areas I blended, but some I left unblended and love the affect it made.
Supplies used: Basic Grey - Boxer, charm, cord and sliver dots from my stash box.

7 comments:

thread-bare said...

Gorgeous card Sally xx

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

This is gorgeous Sally and you are right, the image is beautiful. Thank you for joining us in the BasicGrey Challenge this week.

Jo x

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful card Sally! I love the earthy feel of the DP and that stamp is beautiful! Lovely coloring! TFS!

Kristen said...

Very beautiful! I love the lighthouse stamp and you embossed with my favorite folder too!

TaraG said...

This is really elegant Sally! The image is really beautiful and you coloured it so nicely! The embossing is perfect for this card too....the swirls look like waves!!
Hugs, TaraG

Bev said...

Such a classy and classic card Sally - I agree about the iamge, it's stunning. The BG paper works so well with it too. Fabulous!

hugs Bev x