Thursday, September 11, 2008

2 Great Sketches

Wowzers! Yesterday while blog hopping http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/ I found this fantastic blog that offers a sketch and a bonus sketch at the same time. Thought I would try my hand at both of these and this is what I came up with. I have been wanting to use this paper so thought now would be a good time to do so.
BG Paper DCWV All dressed up Glittered
Magnolia stamp colored with prisma pencils
ribon from stash




This is the bonus sketch from http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/

and I thought I would have a go at another challenge from http://www.faith-sisters.blogspot.com/
I found this to be an interesting and mind challenging site. I love it!
Your inspirational piece on tresure sure stepped on my toes.

For my card I have used plain white cardstock, covered with Anita's blue Christmas music paper in dark blue. Then added Mirror paper in silver (thus the bad photo). Used cuttlebug embossing folder, hearts, fiskars border punch, silver metallic beads, silver ribbon for the tag. Image is stamp from Chesapeake, VA (no name on stamp, but it is one of my favs), stamped with Dew Drop Brilliance Meteterranean Blue and pop -dotted on mirror paper. Treasure stamp (?)

I have used these elements to depict the scripture that I have chosen to go with the theme word treasure. Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is there will be your heart also.

3 comments:

"Kreative Karma" said...

I'm so glad that you found FaithSisters.com! You did a wonderful job here! I love the praying hands.

Laura Davis said...

Sally,
These are both beautiful cards! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Joke said...

Great take on both sketches. Love the colours.