Sunday, August 17, 2008

4 Challenges With 2 Cards

I have been busy this afternoon just crafting away. Not really! It has taken me all afternoon just to do 2 cards. LOL! The challenge has been to keep at it until it is finished.

However this great sketch is from Cutie Sunday Challenge. I really love the sketch and I was also able to use it with the challenge from the
Sarah Kay Weekly Challenges , using a Sarah Kay image and a charm. The charm is hard to read but it says "best friends"

Sarah Kay image is colored with prisma color pencils, ribbon from my stash, You and me stamp? , prism flowers, pearl center, mark richards usa, BG paper Debbie Mumm Harvent & Holiday collection and DCWV Fall.

This week's Challenge from
Arty Girlz Challenge Blog was no purchased designer paper. Oh no! What to do? There are such lovely papers out there right now and I can't use them? So, I drug out my Memory Mists and Alcohol Inks and got busy. This is what I came up with. No sure that I like the outcome, but....it has been a long time since I did my own backgrounds. Thanks for the challenge.
Also the challenge for Penny Black Saturday Challenge was to use a Penny Black image and ribbon. I think this fits the bill so I have added.
Not much to tell about how I did this. Alcohol Inks, Memory Mists, Prism flower. Center is a "CD" stamp, Penny Black image done with prisma color pencils, ribbon from my stash.

14 comments:

IamDerby said...

I really love your first card, such an adorable image, and great coloring! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment! :)

kath said...

fabulous card for both challenges - love the cute image and great background..love how you used the ribbons and thank you for joining us at PBSC this week
Kath
xxxxx

Tina said...

Lovely cards. Thanks for playing to Cutie Sunday!


Hugs
Tina

mueppi said...

Both cards are wwonderful, but the first is my favorit!
Hugs Gisela

crissi said...

2 Great cards love what you have done for the arty Girlz challenge.
Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Julie said...

I love your background Sally it's FAB!! The image you've used is so cute too and perfectly coloured

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge

Julie xx

Kim Piggott said...

Gorgeous cards!
kim x

paylin said...

This is a lovely card, those colour are great and l love your stamp for the layout .
Well just to drop by to say ~~ Hello ~~ and takecare and have a great day
Regards.
x

LOUISE said...

Lovely card Sally, love the background, I must give my memory mists a try sometime, bought them, havn't tried them. You have inspired me! Louise x

traciejane said...

gorgeous cards Sally, love the papers and cute image. Your layouts are fabulous.
Thanks for joining us this week :)x

Arline said...

Beautiful cards! Love how you have used the heart as a little tag!xx

COCO said...

very beautiful card 's !!!!

Arwen said...

Hi Sally
These are so gorgeous cards =)
Thanks for taking part.
xoxo Arwen

cats whiskers said...

Wow what fab cards, love the colours that PB image is beautiful
Hugs jacqui x